Listening Stats of 2022
01 Dec, 2022
UPDATE: I’ve since ditched Plex for the Jellyfin project.
Being “too cool” for streaming, I instead pay for music via Bandcamp, CD’s, vinyl, secondhand media and iTunes (when I’m desperate).
Jokes aside, I honestly cannot stand the recommendation engines flooding the home screen of streaming services. I’ve been a music nut all of my life and know exactly what I like and what I have. The only “feature” I want in any product is the option to be left alone, I stopped spoonfeeding when I was quite young. If something piques my interest, I will go all in. I enjoy the process of “nerding out.”
My primary listening is done via
Plex Jellyfin along with their awesome Plexamp Finamp client. Plex Jellyfin is also tied to Last.fm and recently I’ve added a secondary Tautulli Docker container to my Synology to see how its stats will compare.
I’m surprised Last.fm doesn’t offer some fancy “year in review” (I don’t pay for the extra stuff but nothing has been dangled in front of me to do so) as listening data is their whole business model. The best I could do was set a filter to “the last 365 days” from today.
Top Ten Artists
- Susumu Yokota
- Section 25
- The Durutti Column
- A Certain Ratio
- Charlotte De Witte
Top Ten Albums
- Factory Records: Communications (Various Artists)
- Drift Series 1 by Underworld
- Artificial Intelligence II (Various Artists)
- Kankyō Ongaku: Japanese Ambient, Environmental & New Age Music 1980-1990 (Various Artists)
- Always Now by Section 25
- Sound of Sky by Susumu Yokota
- Skinty Fia by Fontaines D.C.
- Senescence by Korea Undok Group
- Grinning Cat by Susumu Yokota
- Funky Stuff by Soul Media
Top Five Songs
This is a bit funny / embarrassing, as some are mutually enjoyed, the majority are the most requested songs by my daughter when she’s wanting to have a dance party. I believe I once played Korn in a sort of guilty pleasure way while working and she really connected to it for whatever reasons.
- “Dicke Titten” by Rammmstein (mutual)
- “Just A Girl” by No Doubt (Darcy)
- “My Name Is Mud” by Primus (mutual)
- “Falling Away From Me” by Korn (Darcy)
- “How Cold Love Is” by Fontaines D.C. (me)